Our Speech Therapists provide comprehensive speech-language services to those who live at MCC. Speech Therapy works with all members of the team to develop effective strategies that better enable each resident to communicate their thoughts and needs.
- Traditional speech therapy to improve their speech intelligibility and expressive/receptive language skills
- Techniques to make their speech better understood
- Strategies to help with organization of thoughts or to help them think of the words they want to say
- Augmentative and alternative communication devices
- Assistive technology options for computer access, environmental control, etc.
- Work with the team to develop and implement meal guidelines to ensure safety and enjoyment at meals
- Identify and monitor swallowing impairments
- Provide training to residents, staff and loved ones who wish to learn effective and safe techniques for communication and feeding
Additional Services include maintenance of devices, device programming, assessment for appropriate devices, securing funding, and more.